"endless" screen Module

John V "Mud$lide"

Jul 21, 2015, 9:19:06 PM7/21/15
to Ara Module Developers
As a developer I try to come up with designs a little edgy. By "endless" screen module i speak more of a curve towards the sides of the screen this helping with the " blocky" feeling of the phone. even if just one side. also opens the possibilities of seeing notfications on the sides without fully unlocking the phone.

Yes it dose also cause slight problems with holding phone but with ara and iit's size it wouldn't be as big as an issue and help from felling so "bulky"

Thoughts? any screen developers like to take a try at it? I know this would create a huge challenge. to make but its just a concept atm Like Ara was at first

Tim Southwick

Jul 22, 2015, 8:44:01 PM7/22/15
to Ara Module Developers, john_...@yahoo.com
That's been done before on the front screens of existing smartphones (though I'm not sure about the notifications showing up on the edges). With ARA, though, you can also have screens on the back of the phone - which first made me wonder if you can make back screens that wrap towards the edges, and then made me wonder if this could be used to make a sort of panorama style display, shortly followed by how seamless such a display setup could be.

John V "Mud$lide"

Jul 23, 2015, 4:36:43 PM7/23/15
to Ara Module Developers, nickn...@gmail.com

On Wednesday, July 22, 2015 at 7:44:01 PM UTC-5, Tim Southwick wrote:
That's been done before on the front screens of existing smartphones (though I'm not sure about the notifications showing up on the edges). With ARA, though, you can also have screens on the back of the phone - which first made me wonder if you can make back screens that wrap towards the edges, and then made me wonder if this could be used to make a sort of panorama style display, shortly followed by how seamless such a display setup could be.

I was thinking the same thing about screens on back and using the "endless screen" concept for it but figured. this esign was already brought up or made already for Ara so I decided not to include this concept. Guess i should have.