Dozimeter-radiometer DO-RA.modul for ARA

Vladimir Elin

Jul 4, 2014, 3:02:53 AM7/4/14
to ara-module...@googlegroups.com

For expansion of the possible market of DO-RA - (DOzimeter-RAdiometer) we as well started development of a concept of this device in a modular format Google smartphone: Project Ara (http://projectara.com) with the module size: 3х18х40.53 mm. Preliminary name for this device is DO-RA.modul.  Moreover the DO-RA.modul device will have an additional component: power supply with the processor of control of a charge, for the possible transformation of DO-RA.modul with charging + battery module into a charm for pocket carrying and autonomous work with any smartphone and computer under the remote protocol: BLE, NFC or as the built-in element connected data bus based on i2C protocol - http://intersofteurasia.ru/o-radiaczii/umnophone/do-ra.modul1.html

Garrett Kinsman

Jul 6, 2014, 1:48:40 AM7/6/14
to ara-module...@googlegroups.com
This was my interpretation: http://gekinsman.blogspot.com/2014/06/project-ara-work.html?m=1
Amazing how small their unit is. My design uses tube technology which is power intesive.

Vladimir Elin

Jul 6, 2014, 6:30:31 AM7/6/14
to ara-module...@googlegroups.com

Dear Colleague! Such interpretations will be more, as soon as there is confidence in the product mass Ara!

In the meantime, we are working on their versions of the DO-RA.modul for Ara, which will initially be capable
of measuring the level of background radiation ionizing radiation (dose) and the cumulative dose of man.

In the future, there is a version DO-RA.modul-s, which will be implemented consumer version
dosimeter-radiometer-spectrometer, more interesting for the consumer.

We went into their decisions  on the Geiger-Mueller - cylinder with inert gases, operated at a voltage of 320 to 500, the American
counterparts to 900, because of the low reliability of measurement results in everyday radiation
levels from 0.1 to 1 mSv / h.

For the models we use silicon sensors own design patented in the Russian Federation.

Garrett Kinsman

Jul 9, 2014, 12:43:41 AM7/9/14
to ara-module...@googlegroups.com
That's fascinating. I'm working in a radiation zone, an old military base called treasure island in San Fransisco. The place is covered in radium scrap, cesium, and atomic fallout from the pacific bomb tests.

I have a tube based counter, and was fairly shaken by the low sensitivity of the device (though I did detect some)) It will not detect any of the alpha based stuff covering the base/island.

I'll gladly test your device here in the states! I design interface concepts as well. I really like the wireless sensor you devised. t.hat backup power supply to hold product in itself

May I ask the sensitivity? Perhaps we can work something out. I'm looking to get my hands on some modules once I get an endo.

Vladimir Elin

Jul 9, 2014, 1:19:17 AM7/9/14
to ara-module...@googlegroups.com
Hi Garrett!
Our design for the Project Ara is in the process of prototyping and optimization of device size DO-RA.modul, to place the dosimeter-radiometer is not quite a large amount. If we do this, it is safe to apply to the Guinness Book of Records as the smallest dosimeter ... Work on the device for DO-RA.modul Project Ara, basically, to be completed in Q4. 2014. Further search of production and investors ...

We also design other models dosimetric devices, in particular, the model DO-RA.Ultra - household purpose device with the function of the dosimeter-radiometer on a solid-state sensor made ​​of silicon (Si), working on wireless electronic protocols Bluetooth Low Energy, NFC with all mobile devices . By the way for the free software you can download in 8 languages ​​in the App Store, Google Play Market, WP market.

About the sensitivity of our devices and the measuring range of ionizing radiation we can tell later, after Laboratory tests in a certified laboratory. In the meantime, one can only assert that the silicon detector is much more sensitive, more accurate and efficient Geiger-Muller counter.

Rinat Mirzaitov

Jul 11, 2014, 12:23:01 AM7/11/14
to ara-module...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Is it possible to integrate gas and smoke detector to ara phone? In my case that would useful and may save peoples life.

Vladimir Elin

Jul 11, 2014, 1:27:04 AM7/11/14
to ara-module...@googlegroups.com
Good question! We have a version of DO-RA.air where we capture the gases CO, CO2 but sensors such as radiation sensor must always be ready, at any moment to signal SOS! If they are embed from once to twice a smartphone, you can sleep a dangerous level geo factors ...

Alan DeRossett

Sep 13, 2014, 11:27:31 PM9/13/14
to ara-module...@googlegroups.com
Have you looked at Safecast.org?

it's a kit currently.

Alan

Garrett Kinsman

Jun 2, 2015, 9:29:20 PM6/2/15
to ara-module...@googlegroups.com
Vladimir,

Any updates on your radiation module? I look forward to trying this out, I have a bunch of samples/locations I would like to test in comparison to my current tube based counter. I'd also like to buy the headphone-jack model you have on your site.

When will these be available to buy?