newbie's questions

Hailun Tan

Feb 11, 2016, 8:12:11 PM2/11/16
to Ara Module Developers
Hi,

I happened to see Project Ara and love the concept of the modules.

I wonder  what is the state of this project. Are there any modules available in production?

Please advise.

Bryce Wilson

Feb 14, 2016, 12:54:51 PM2/14/16
to Ara Module Developers
No one knows what is going on. Google has not said anything for the longest of times. Google has asked most model developers to keep quiet about their designs so we don't know much about that either.

Hailun Tan

Feb 14, 2016, 8:52:57 PM2/14/16
to Ara Module Developers
Are there any module developers active in this forum?

What if I want to develop a module? there should be some common library/ APIs available for the developers to start?

Greg KH

Feb 15, 2016, 11:40:37 AM2/15/16
to Hailun Tan, Ara Module Developers
On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 05:52:57PM -0800, Hailun Tan wrote:
> Are there any module developers active in this forum?
>
> What if I want to develop a module? there should be some common library/ APIs
> available for the developers to start?

http://www.projectara.com/mdk/

Hailun Tan

Feb 16, 2016, 1:13:27 AM2/16/16
to Ara Module Developers, hailu...@gmail.com
Thanks.

I have downloaded this package.

Buy could any one answer my previous question? - Are there any modules available in production (i.e., in the markets)? Is the project ARA still in the design phase and none of the modules designs have been implemented in hardware?

Neel Gupta

Apr 11, 2016, 8:09:06 AM4/11/16
to Ara Module Developers
This shift in development style is probably due to Paul Eremenko no longer working for Google, leading Project ARA.

We know this project has not been abandoned, and work is still going on behind closed doors; because 'Google Opinion Rewards' app is asking for opinions about Project Ara !