Project Ara Developer.Spiral 1, MDK version 0.11 setup?

Juan Carlos Montes Pacheco

Oct 19, 2015, 11:04:15 PM10/19/15
to Ara Module Developers

Hi guys!,

Some mounths ago, I received the electronic boards of the project Ara Developer (Spiral 1), I connected them according to manual "Project Ara Developer Hardware Manual" then I tried to boot them following the manual, but I couldn´t  see anything in the DVI monitor. I changed, the monitor and I even built the android software (succesfully) according to this manual  http://www.projectara.com/s/GoogleI_OAndroidGettingStartedGuideRev011.pdf  in the SD card but I got the same results, I couldn´t see anything. So, I tried to look for something in the boards schematics manuals, then I saw the in the Ap Board, the "U25" dip switch that there are different combinations for boot system, then,  I tried all of them and none worked.

So, I was wondering If some of you could help to setup the boards in a right way just as you did it, I´d really appreciate it.

In advance to your comments, thanks to everybody.

Capture.PNG
IMG-20150623-WA0000.jpg

Nipun Wijerathne

Oct 25, 2015, 6:56:34 AM10/25/15
to Ara Module Developers

Hello

I'm new to project Ara, Could u tell me that how did u find that PDF document " Android for project Ara: Getting started guide" ? Also is there any API that specially for Ara or any Android library for access Bridge Asic ?

Antonio Hurtado Jr.

Oct 25, 2015, 9:11:10 PM10/25/15
to Ara Module Developers
i found a pdf here http://static1.squarespace.com/static/5342576ce4b0f77e1bd4edc3/t/53f7e232e4b097b8f584b593/1408754226348/GoogleI_OAndroidGettingStartedGuideRev0.11.pdf its 0.11 so im not sure if its up to date but its a start. i would reccomend looking at the Ara MDK if you havent already, http://www.projectara.com/mdk/ but with the expected changes not all information will be relavent later.

Kevin O'Brien

Oct 26, 2015, 7:07:15 PM10/26/15
to Ara Module Developers
Hey Juan Carlos,

The HDMI connector on my Sprial 1 hardware came slightly defective and has a loose connection so I need to keep some upward pressure on the HDMI cable for it to work.

I had similar problems, the hardware would boot and sometimes I would briefly see the Android logo screen but as soon as there was a slight bump of the table it would disappear, other times the OS would boot but I wouldn't see anything on the screen.

It took a while to figure out that the HDMI connector was not soldered on the board correctly and the reason the picture disappeared was something shifting the HDMI cable, I initially thought it was a software issue.

Cheers,
Kevin