Fwd: ns-pop-up-frames and fullscreen

Jean-Christophe Helary

May 8, 2017, 7:59:53 PM5/8/17
to aquamac...@googlegroups.com
I tested the setting in Aquamacs and found that in Fullscreen, Aquamacs did not respect the ns-pop-up-frame setting to "Never". It opens a new non-fullscreen frame and then opens files either in the fullscreen frame or the non fullscreen frame seemingly depending on which frame has been visited last...

Not really the expected behavior.

I'm waiting to see if I can find a solution to the original issue in Emacs.app and will see if that helps here.

Jean-Christophe

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jean-Christophe Helary <jean.christ...@gmail.com>
Subject: ns-pop-up-frames and fullscreen
Date: May 9, 2017 8:23:41 GMT+9
To: emacs-devel <emacs...@gnu.org>

When ns-pop-up-frames is set to nil files are supposed to open in the existing frame.

When Emacs.app is not in fullscreen, you select a file, double-click it (or any other open command) and this triggers Emacs.app to come to the foreground and display the file contents in the existing frame.

When Emacs.app is in fullscreen, opening the file that way does *not* change the display to put Emacs.app into the foreground, so you have to manually move to the Emacs.app fullscreen "space" to *then* see the file opening in that frame.

Is there a setting I am missing? Is this the expected behavior or a bug?

Jean-Christophe Helary