command line tools installation not working (Yosemite)

Nathaniel Cunningham

Jun 18, 2016, 12:44:03 AM6/18/16
to aquamac...@googlegroups.com
"Install Command LIne Tools" fails, in nightly builds.   Tried one from March, and two from June.  OS 10.10.5

Errors in the installer log:
-------------------
PackageKit: invalid package /Applications/Aquamacs.app/Contents/Resources/Aquamacs Command Line Tool PreElCapitan.mpkg/Contents/Packages/aquamacs.pkg has no bundle identifier
PackageKit: invalid package /Applications/Aquamacs.app/Contents/Resources/Aquamacs Command Line Tool PreElCapitan.mpkg/Contents/Packages/aquamacs.pkg has no bundle identifier
-[IFPkg(Info_Conversion_Private) _parseOldStyleForLanguage:] - can't find .info file (aquamacs)
The package "aquamacs" could not be opened. This can happen if the package has incorrect permissions or if the package has been renamed.
PFPackage::packageWithURL - can't instantiate package: /Applications/Aquamacs.app/Contents/Resources/Aquamacs Command Line Tool PreElCapitan.mpkg/Contents/Packages/aquamacs.pkg
Install failed: The Installer could not install the software because there was no software found to install.
Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer could not install the software.
The Installer could not install the software because there was no software found to install.'.
---------------

(Works fine in Aquamacs 3.2.)
-- Nathaniel

David Reitter

Jun 19, 2016, 1:38:50 AM6/19/16
to aquamac...@googlegroups.com, Nathaniel Cunningham
Hi Nathaniel,
I have re-done the installer (in Git, under aquamacs/src/commandline-tool). Can you try installing it?
After the git checkout, you should be able to launch the .pkg from outside Aquamacs.

I’m not sure what the error is. I’m getting some errors, too, but that might be because I’m on 10.11.

Thanks
David

Nathaniel Cunningham

Jun 20, 2016, 12:10:58 PM6/20/16
to David Reitter, aquamac...@googlegroups.com
Just now, I checked out from git, and launched
Aquamacs Command Line Tool PreElCapitan.mpkg
I get the same failure and error log as before.

Then I launched
Aquamacs Command Line Tool.mpkg
This installed without error, and gave me new command line tools in /usr/local/bin; previous ones were installed in /usr/bin.  New ones appear to be taking precedence, according to 'which'.  'aquamacs' and 'emacsclient' commands are working fine.

-- Nathaniel

Nathaniel Cunningham

Jun 20, 2016, 1:08:51 PM6/20/16
to David Reitter, aquamac...@googlegroups.com
Comparison of the two packages shows that:
in the PreElCapitan version, the contents of aquamacs.pkg and emacsclient.pkg are both missing Info.plist, relative to the other version.

-- Nathaniel