High CPU load bug - possible fix

David Reitter

Jun 10, 2016, 4:24:54 AM6/10/16
to aquamac...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have checked in a change that addresses at least part of the high-CPU load problem that many of us have been experiencing with Aquamacs 3.3 (dev). A new version is available from

http://aquamacs.org/nightlies.shtml

The problem that this deals with occurred only when the buffer was unchanged (i.e., saved to file), and a toolbar with the `revert-buffer’ icon was visible. Aquamacs kept itself busy updating this toolbar ad infinitum.

Please let me know if this helps, or if you are still seeing the problem with the new version (spin dumps help).

Thanks,
David