Re: Open dialog doesn't appear, but Aquamacs loses focus

David Reitter

Dec 17, 2014, 11:27:27 AM12/17/14
to John Woods, aquamac...@googlegroups.com
John,
If you have anything to add (a way to reliably reproduce it would be helpful), please let us know.
You can use C-x C-f to open a file “the Emacs way”, which will avoid the dialog box. You can also drag&drop from the finder.

Best,
David

> On Dec 17, 2014, at 10:57 AM, John Woods <john.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I haven't written before now because I can't easily reproduce this bug, but it's getting really frustrating.
>
> Sometimes when I try to open a file using the dialog, Aquamacs loses focus as if the open dialog is visible — but there is no open dialog. I can't do anything in the Aquamacs window; the escape key doesn't "close" the non-existent dialog, and I basically have to force-quit.
>
> This is maddening, and most recently it happened while I still had an unsaved buffer open.
>
> With all of that said, I love Aquamacs, or I wouldn't keep using it. Thanks so much for putting in the work to create such a great app.
>
> Best,
> John Woods

John Woods

Dec 17, 2014, 11:42:35 AM12/17/14
to David Reitter, aquamac...@googlegroups.com
I'll definitely keep you updated. The Open Recent also works just fine.

Thanks!
John

John Woods

Jan 28, 2015, 5:14:46 PM1/28/15
to David Reitter, aquamac...@googlegroups.com
This happens now within about five minutes of me starting Aquamacs — usually around the eighth or ninth buffer I try to open.

David Reitter

Jan 28, 2015, 5:19:54 PM1/28/15
to John Woods, aquamac...@googlegroups.com
John,

OK, can you send a proper bug report with all information?

Could you please give us a list of step-by-step instructions, starting with "Start Aquamacs without customizations" from the "Help/Diagnose and Report Bug" menu.

Use the bug reporting function from within Aquamacs to compose your message.

Thanks
- David