Re: Aquamacs running without frames may lead to hang

David Reitter

Jan 26, 2017, 1:41:00 PM1/26/17
to Konrad Podczeck, aquamacs-devel, Hayo Baan – IT Services
This reproduces easily. It’s a lisp-level infinite loop from what I can tell. Would someone like to give it a shot? Hayo?

- David

> On Jan 24, 2017, at 3:55 PM, Konrad Podczeck <konrad....@univie.ac.at> wrote:
>
> Hi Davis,
>
> the following is reproducible:
>

> (1) Make a file test.el just containing the line:
>
> (setq special-display-regexps '("*Occur*"))
>
> (2) Start Aquamacs without customizations, turn tabbar mode off and one-buffer-one-frame-mode on
>
> (3) Load the file test.el and do Menu>Emacs-Lisp>Evaluate Buffer
>
> (4) Do M-x occur Ret setq Ret
>
> (5) Now you have an occur buffer in a separate frame. Drag it out of the way, then close all other frames by clicking on the red closing button until you have only the frame with the occur buffer. Clicking finally on the red closing button of this last frame makes Aquamacs hang, so that it can only forced quit.
>
> Konrad

Hayo Baan – IT Services

Jan 29, 2017, 10:41:38 AM1/29/17
to David Reitter, Konrad Podczeck, aquamacs-devel
Hi David (and Konrad),

I *can* reproduce this, and would like to help out fixing it. I have no
idea where to start looking though. If you have any tips on where to
start looking, please let me know! Also if you have any tips on how to
debug the (lisp) code, that would be helpful too (I have no experience
here yet, I'm afraid).

Cheers,
Hayo

Konrad Podczeck

Mar 3, 2017, 6:09:36 PM3/3/17
to Reitter David, aquamac...@googlegroups.com
After the recent changes in aquamacs-frame-setup, this problem is still present.

David Reitter

Mar 5, 2017, 9:11:01 PM3/5/17
to Konrad Podczeck, aquamac...@googlegroups.com
Not much progress on this one.
I can reproduce it with *grep* buffers, but not with others like *Messages* or *Help*. Maybe the problem is related to process based buffers.

I also reproduces when using Command-W to close the buffer.

close-current-window-asktosave is maybe something to look at next.