Re: Download links expire too quickly

David Reitter

Jan 20, 2015, 6:19:10 AM1/20/15
to Dan McGarry, aquamac...@googlegroups.com
Dan,

I’m sorry for the trouble.
You could try downloading the nightly build, which is hosted on a server under my control, which of course uses static links.

I’m hosting the release builds via Github, which is fast for people with fast internet, and an economical choice (think >12,000 users, a portion of whom will download the 50MB file) for me.

Could you send your complaint directly to Github? That’s what I would do as well.

Best,
David

> On Jan 20, 2015, at 12:47 AM, Dan McGarry <dmcg...@imagicity.com> wrote:
>
> Just tried to download version 3.2, and the process stopped about 47% of the way along. Tried restarting the download and got the following response:
>
> <Error>
> <Code>AccessDenied</Code>
> <Message>Request has expired</Message>
> <Expires>2015-01-19T21:30:02Z</Expires>
> <ServerTime>2015-01-19T21:34:40Z</ServerTime>
> <RequestId>383D57D0980D9B02</RequestId>
> <HostId>
> A+J+qBPOpJwtuBigNZ5xBJ0qrZQzYev+5ff1gLkNAAd+FmNP1H/qamag9yOZEM8i
> </HostId>
> </Error>
>
> Please remember that a lot of people (the majority of the planet) still have slow internet. Some of us are developers. Suggest you increase the expiry timeout to *at least* 2 hours. That may seem like a lot to you, but it's really not.
>
> And for bonus points: Why the heck are you not using static links?
>
> Best,
>
> --
> Dan McGarry dmcg...@imagicity.com
>
> Photos: http://www.imagicity.com/
> Blog: http://scriptorum.imagicity.com/

Dan McGarry

Jan 20, 2015, 3:51:22 PM1/20/15
to David Reitter, aquamac...@googlegroups.com
On 1/20/15 10:18 PM, David Reitter wrote:

> Could you send your complaint directly to Github? That’s what I
> would do as well.

Will do, David. Thanks for the follow-up.

--
Dan McGarry dmcg...@imagicity.com

Photos: http://humansofvanuatu.com/
http://imagicity.com/