Change ugly logo for next version

Josh Karamuth

Jun 10, 2015, 12:10:18 AM6/10/15
to aquamac...@googlegroups.com
I really like Aquamacs but the goat logo is really ugly, I think it should be changed to something attractive for the next version because this one is of bad taste. Sure, I can change it manually but I don't think anyone likes the default ugly goat anyway.

Tobias Pape

Jun 10, 2015, 2:59:55 AM6/10/15

On 10.06.2015, at 06:10, Josh Karamuth <jmy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I really like Aquamacs but the goat logo is really ugly, I think it should be changed to something attractive for the next version because this one is of bad taste. Sure, I can change it manually but I don't think anyone likes the default ugly goat anyway.

Well, the gnu/wildebeest is the mascot for all emacsen for quite some time.
What do you suggest to improve the 39 year tradition?

Best regards
-Tobias

Josh Karamuth

Jun 10, 2015, 6:37:25 AM6/10/15
to aquamac...@googlegroups.com
>What do you suggest to improve the 39 year tradition?

Something that isn't a goat would be nice for one. Other than that, the logo should be a work of art and attractive, which isn't the case right now.

David Reitter

Jun 10, 2015, 11:28:59 AM6/10/15
On Jun 10, 2015, at 6:37 AM, Josh Karamuth <jmy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Something that isn't a goat would be nice for one. Other than that, the logo should be a work of art and attractive, which isn't the case right now.

Well, I like it better than the original Emacs gnu (which is what is supposed to be, a wildebeest or gnu).

That said, a better icon would certainly be welcome.

Josh Karamuth

Jun 10, 2015, 12:38:52 PM6/10/15
to aquamac...@googlegroups.com
Maybe there's someone with art skills on this list who'd be willing to donate a decent icon to the project, that would be great.

Tobias Pape

Jun 10, 2015, 2:07:38 PM6/10/15
to aquamac...@googlegroups.com
I quite like the current one.