Aquamacs.app mounted?

Ettore Aldrovandi

Sep 24, 2016, 9:56:11 PM9/24/16
to aquamac...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have just installed 3.3 (having used the preview for a while). I have noticed that when I run Aquamacs I have

/Applications/Aquamacs.app

mounted on

/private/var/folders/vr/1t7psy5d55n1btxcw32gz9sm0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/8B545328-54A5-4B68-AF2E-29B0FE10BD7A

Is this normal? The mount disappears after quitting the app.

—Ettore

David Reitter

Sep 24, 2016, 10:04:07 PM9/24/16
to aquamac...@googlegroups.com
Yes. It is a security feature of the operation system. I thought it only happened when you run an application from the DMG, not when it is installed in /Applications.

Ettore Aldrovandi

Sep 25, 2016, 11:26:10 AM9/25/16
to aquamac...@googlegroups.com

> On Sep 24, 2016, at 22:04, David Reitter <david....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sep 24, 2016, at 9:56 PM, Ettore Aldrovandi <eal...@math.fsu.edu> wrote:
>
>> I have just installed 3.3 (having used the preview for a while). I have noticed that when I run Aquamacs I have
>>
>> /Applications/Aquamacs.app
>>
>> mounted on
>>
>> /private/var/folders/vr/1t7psy5d55n1btxcw32gz9sm0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/8B545328-54A5-4B68-AF2E-29B0FE10BD7A
>>
>> Is this normal? The mount disappears after quitting the app.
>
> Yes. It is a security feature of the operation system. I thought it only happened when you run an application from the DMG, not when it is installed in /Applications.

Thanks. Something must have happened: I deleted and re-installed it, and now the mount is gone.

—Ettore