Cell Phone vs Laptop on aprs.fi

curtiswa...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2015, 8:41:10 PM2/10/15
to apr...@googlegroups.com
On my cell phone it shows the altitude in meters, but on the laptop it shows the altitude in feet. I was wondering why it did that, and if I can make the cell phone show in feet? Thank you!

Charles Blackburn

Feb 13, 2015, 7:25:00 AM2/13/15
to apr...@googlegroups.com
that will most likely be a function of the software you are using on your phone.

Tom Hayward

Feb 13, 2015, 3:02:49 PM2/13/15
to apr...@googlegroups.com
On the laptop, log in to aprs.fi, go to preferences, and make sure
your units are set how you prefer.

Now log in with the same account on your phone and it'll use the units
from your preferences.

Tom KD7LXL

Joe

Feb 13, 2015, 3:26:28 PM2/13/15
to apr...@googlegroups.com
I use APRS.FI all the time, but it has one very annoying habit. Out of nowhere, every now and again, it changes my preferences back to default, ie: Metric, c instead of F, meters instead of feet, some other time zone, rather than Pacific, etc. Have no idea why it does it, very annoying, but, I just live with it.

Joe - W7RKN