APRS Area Objects displayed wrong

Danny de Bont

Dec 22, 2015, 10:29:09 AM12/22/15
to aprs.fi
Hi,

I have the following area object that is displayed correctly in Xastir but not on aprs.fi ... it is just a simple circle with a blue border ... on aprs.fi it is displayed as a straight blue line ...

;ZS6XOX-EL*221510z\[d=]UZo"1      026/926ZS6XOX Echolink Range

Any pointers?

Danny

Heikki Hannikainen

Dec 22, 2015, 10:35:17 AM12/22/15
to aprs.fi

Hi,
Unfortunately aprs.fi does not support area objects currently. The work
needs to start by implementing decoding of area objects in the (open
source) packet parser used by aprs.fi. I should probably convert it from
SVN to git and push it to github by now.

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Ham-APRS-FAP/

- Hessu

Danny de Bont

Dec 22, 2015, 1:16:41 PM12/22/15
to aprs.fi
Hi,

Not a problem at all ... was just wondering ...

Thank You

Danny

On Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 5:35:17 PM UTC+2, Heikki Hannikainen wrote:

Hi,

On Tue, 22 Dec 2015, Danny de Bont wrote:

> I have the following area object that is displayed correctly in Xastir but
> not on aprs.fi - private ... it is just a simple circle with a blue border ... on
> aprs.fi - private it is displayed as a straight blue line ...
>
> ;ZS6XOX-EL*221510z\[d=]UZo"1      026/926ZS6XOX Echolink Range

Unfortunately aprs.fi - private does not support area objects currently. The work
needs to start by implementing decoding of area objects in the (open
source) packet parser used by aprs.fi - private. I should probably convert it from
SVN to git and push it to github by now.

Heikki Hannikainen

Dec 25, 2015, 6:11:40 AM12/25/15
to aprs.fi
On Tue, 22 Dec 2015, Heikki Hannikainen wrote:

> Unfortunately aprs.fi does not support area objects currently. The work needs
> to start by implementing decoding of area objects in the (open source) packet
> parser used by aprs.fi. I should probably convert it from SVN to git and push
> it to github by now.
>
> http://search.cpan.org/dist/Ham-APRS-FAP/

We used to have an SVN repository for the APRS packet parser. The SVN
repository went belly up and no recent backups were available, so we lost
the full revision history, but no actual code was lost. Here's the new git
repository for our parser (originally written by OH2KKU, with improvements
by myself):

https://github.com/hessu/perl-aprs-fap

Just in case there's someone who's keen on playing with the area/shape
objects.

- Hessu