API JSON lasttime Value

Arnie Shore

Jun 21, 2015, 7:02:51 AM6/21/15
to apr...@googlegroups.com
Would someone explain what lasttime represents?  (Yes, it's the number of seconds since  something, but what's that something?)

I'm trying here to understand why I see it as six hours off the common unix measure of seconds since 00:00:00 UTC on 1 January 1970 .  Thanks for any responses.

Heikki Hannikainen

Jun 21, 2015, 7:44:21 AM6/21/15
to apr...@googlegroups.com
It's the time when aprs.fi last received a position packet for that
station.

Unix timestamp, seconds since 1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC, not counting leap
seconds.

If it's six hours off, you're probably treating it as your local time, not
accounting for your time zone.

- Hessu