API Telemetry

Stephen McLaughlin

Feb 17, 2017, 11:57:41 AM2/17/17
to aprs.fi
I am hoping someone else has figured out how to get current telemetry data with the api - Any Ideas?

If not I guess this is a feature request. I understand not wanting to provide historical data but I cant see why we cant have current data available. Just like weather.

Heikki Hannikainen

Feb 17, 2017, 12:05:45 PM2/17/17
to aprs.fi
Correct, telemetry is not available. I'll put that on the things-to-do
list, it's a completely reasonable request.

- Hessu

Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)

Feb 17, 2017, 12:51:02 PM2/17/17
to apr...@googlegroups.com
But if you want to get the current telemetry, why not just connect to
the APRS-IS feed and capture it live from there?

VA7DBI - Darcy Buskermolen

Feb 7, 2020, 4:29:18 PM2/7/20
to aprs.fi
Was there any movement on this item on the to-do list ?

--VA7DBI

fivecore khi

Feb 8, 2020, 3:44:44 PM2/8/20
to aprs.fi
Do let me know if the Telemetry data can be handled this will be great area of application development based on APRS.

Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)

Feb 8, 2020, 7:52:45 PM2/8/20
to apr...@googlegroups.com
Just establish your own connection to the APRS-IS, apply an appropriate filter to get the telemetry of interest (or t/t if you want it for the entire planet), parse the packets, and do with it whatever you will.

You don't need aprs.fi to develop an application using APRS telemetry data!