KML Overlays

John Breen

Dec 27, 2015, 4:30:15 PM12/27/15
to aprs.fi
I have several times used the feature to add a link to a KML file as part of the URL. This has previously worked fine.

I am preparing a KML file for a new event, possibly more complex than the previous ones. It contains a route and several sets of marker icons.

Everything renders OK until I add more than 30 marker icons. At that point some of the marker icons are not rendered (being replaced with a 'default' icon i.e. it doesn't think the icon is valid).

All of the icons are valid and render OK if I comment out other icons.

I can see from earlier posts that this was already a well known problem in 2012, believed to be on the Google side. Has there been any progress? Are there any solutions or work arounds?