Can I search the aprs.fi map for specific stations?

Scott Fike

Sep 26, 2013, 9:37:12 AM9/26/13
to apr...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,
  I am new to APRS.fi and have a question.
   Can I search for stations on the map by the type of station and if so, how? Example; lets say I just want to pull up packet bulletin board stations only on the map and just have packet or BBS stations only show up on the map and all other station icons drop out of the way so I can see better where the PBBS stations are located.

Thank you
Scott, KC0BUS

Heikki Hannikainen

Sep 27, 2013, 3:05:33 AM9/27/13
to apr...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 4:37 PM, Scott Fike <scot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can I search for stations on the map by the type of station and if so,
> how? Example; lets say I just want to pull up packet bulletin board stations
> only on the map and just have packet or BBS stations only show up on the map
> and all other station icons drop out of the way so I can see better where
> the PBBS stations are located.

There's no "search by type" feature as such, but you can do pretty
complex filters in the real-time view.

http://blog.aprs.fi/2011/07/new-view-filters-alerts-out-of-order.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fRF0JJvQwc

- Hessu