Maintenance on Thursday

Heikki Hannikainen

Mar 7, 2017, 1:27:43 PM3/7/17
to aprs.fi

Hi,

aprs.fi will be down for upgrades on Thursday 2017-03-09 between 06 and 15
UTC. Not the whole time, though, just some shorter breaks! Taking a day
off from work to concentrate on this.

I'll be upgrading just about every component, and there will be a few
reboots, and likely something will break and need a little bit of fixing,
but at least in the testing environment it seems to work OK.

- Hessu

David Andrzejewski

Mar 7, 2017, 4:32:21 PM3/7/17
to apr...@googlegroups.com

> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "aprs.fi" group.
> aprsfi+un...@googlegroups.com.

Any hints on what's new? Or just backend stuff?
- Dave

Heikki Hannikainen

Mar 8, 2017, 1:48:54 AM3/8/17
to 'David Andrzejewski' via aprs.fi
On Tue, 7 Mar 2017, 'David Andrzejewski' via aprs.fi wrote:

> March 7, 2017 1:27 PM, "Heikki Hannikainen" <he...@hes.iki.fi> wrote:
>
>> aprs.fi will be down for upgrades on Thursday 2017-03-09 between 06 and 15 UTC. Not the whole time,
>> though, just some shorter breaks! Taking a day off from work to concentrate on this.
>>
>> I'll be upgrading just about every component, and there will be a few reboots, and likely something
>> will break and need a little bit of fixing, but at least in the testing environment it seems to
>> work OK.
>
> Any hints on what's new? Or just backend stuff?

Most of the things are invisible: major operating system upgrade, new
versions of all web server & database components, etc. For new features,
improved performance, and bug fixes.

The big visible thing is TLS support:

http://blog.aprs.fi/2016/12/aprsfi-moving-to-tls.html

- Hessu

Heikki Hannikainen

Mar 9, 2017, 5:57:32 AM3/9/17
to aprs.fi

Hi,

The maintenance is mostly over. Some cache preloading to get things
running warm is still going on. The web site was only down for a few short
moments, and data collection was down between 09:42:46 and 10:06:50. I
have another archive / log for those packets, I'll see if I have time to
merge those in.

Time to cook lunch. If you have some time, please browse around
https://aprs.fi/ to see if everything works.

All URLs on the site, including the API, should now be available over
https (TLS, and http2 too, whee!).
> --

- Hessu