Station Specs

Tim S Green

Feb 1, 2017, 2:34:19 PM2/1/17
to aprs.fi
We recently started testing a digipeater setup we are going to be using in a remote location. I noticed while in map view it shows Power, HAAT, Gain and Range. I assume this information is put in by APRS.FI as I see no where for me to enter such info. The information is incorrect. How do we go about getting it corrected. Thanks in advance, we are relatively new to the Digipeater/APRS scene.

Tim.

KI6PPU

Heikki Hannikainen

Feb 7, 2017, 3:06:38 PM2/7/17
to aprs.fi
Probably the digipeater has at some point transmitted the PHG data in a
PHG extension string. That's something that goes in the position beacon's
comment text if you wish to use it. You can send a PHG0000 in the comment
to delete it (http://blog.aprs.fi/2009/02/deleting-old-phg-data.html), or
put in somewhat correct PHG information instead.

- Hessu

Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)

Feb 7, 2017, 3:35:12 PM2/7/17
to apr...@googlegroups.com
Given that sometimes (thankfully very infrequently) the APRS-IS delivers
seemingly concatenated or corrupted packets, I would suggest putting the
accurate PHG extension into the digipeater's beacon. That way if
anything ever "changes" it by accident, it will be self-correcting.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Adding my $0.02 for whatever it is worth