I-Gate On-Line Status

Steve Crimm

Jan 13, 2017, 5:02:21 PM1/13/17
to aprs.fi
Application Suggestion

The other day I realized I hadn't check APRS-FI in a while to see activity on the I-Gate I host (N1FLY-1).  Well come to find out it had been offline since November.  Shame on me.

In addition to hosting an I-Gate, I also host an ADSB receiver for FlightRadar24.com.  Whenever there is a connectivity or hardware issue FR24 sends me an email as a heads up that something is not working correctly.

My though was if there was a subscription type process on APRS.FI that when you signed up for, they could monitor an I-Gates activity and advise by email if your I-Gate had been down for, lets say a couple of hours, and notify you of the loss of connectivity.  This way there might not be a gap in coverage, especially for someone who doesn't check their I-Gate often enough.

Just a thought

Steve