Operational Question

Joe

Jul 11, 2016, 6:08:28 PM7/11/16
to apr...@googlegroups.com

It was suggested I pose this question here in the APRSFI group, so……………………

Can APRS.FI track ships at sea…I think it is called AIS, or something like that.  The sailboat in question reports via Winlink and AIS (Again, I *think* that is what it is called)  Her call is KC2IOV and her ship is the Nereida.

Thanks!

Joe – W7RKN  (The login call sign is no longer valid, however, I never changed it here!)

Ray Rischpater

Jul 11, 2016, 6:14:42 PM7/11/16
to apr...@googlegroups.com
I see her off the coast of California:

73 de KF6GPE

Ray Rischpater

Jul 11, 2016, 6:20:00 PM7/11/16
to apr...@googlegroups.com

Joe

Jul 17, 2016, 7:57:28 AM7/17/16
to apr...@googlegroups.com

THANKS!!

I had looked earlier and must have put something in wrong, because I was told KC2IOV couldn’t be found.  Worked this time!

Yup..she is about 200 miles off the coast.  Talked to her this morning on 7.233.5.

Joe - W7RKN