Issues loading kml file.

p3ho...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2017, 2:53:29 AM6/20/17
to aprs.fi
Hello;

I have 6 kml files that will be used for various events over the next few months.

3 load with out any issues and 3 will not display the routes that are encoded in them.

The 3 that do not display will all display in google earth & google my maps.

Bellow are 1) url to display the one of the overlays. 2) link to one of the files.

https://aprs.fi/#!lat=36.26391&lng=-81.78413&z=12&kml=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.p3hosting.com%2FWARC%2FCowbelle_2017_18Mi.kml

http://www.p3hosting.com/WARC/Cowbelle_2017_18Mi.kml

Any ideas as to what is wrong with these files.

Thanks

George

Heikki Hannikainen

Jun 20, 2017, 3:04:19 AM6/20/17
to aprs.fi
I'm a bit busy with work now, and don't have time to dig in to the file
contents myself. aprs.fi takes the kml= URL and simply gives it to the
Google Maps API, Google's code takes care of
downloading/decoding/Displaying the KML.

If there's some KML that does display and something that doesn't, you'll
probably want to try to identify the exact differences in the KML files
and then try to mix and match to see what works and what does not work.
With some luck, Google Maps API code might also print out some decoding
errors or such in the Javascript console in your web browser.

- Hessu