Wie oft sendet die App eine Bake? iOS

icke....@googlemail.com

Feb 17, 2017, 12:00:11 PM2/17/17
to aprs.fi
Moin moin in die Runde,

kann mir bitte jemand erklären alle wieviel oder was die App eine Bake sendet.
Wenn ich den "Minimalen Sendeintervall" anhabe, stelle ich bei der Fahrt keine Änderung fest. Bezieht sich das nur auf den Stillstand, wenn man sich nicht bewegt?

Gruß Markus

Heikki Hannikainen

Feb 17, 2017, 12:36:06 PM2/17/17
to icke.markus via aprs.fi

Hallo,
My German language is a bit rusty, I only studied it for 2 years in the
early 90's, I hope I got this right:

The question is about the aprs.fi iPhone app, asking how often the
application sends a beacon.

Here are the current rules built in the application:

* While you're moving, it employs a dynamic algorithm which should make it
send a position fairly often, depending on the speed you're moving. The
algorithm takes your speed and the travelled distance into account, and it
also detects if you make a sharp turn and immediately transmits a new
position. When driving a car, it's usually roughly around 35 seconds,
i.e. pretty often!

* If you're not moving, it should be sending a new packet every 25
minutes. If you're not moving at all, and the iOS operating system stops
providing new locations to the aprs.fi app (to save battery), it might not
beacon at all until the device moves a bit.

* It will, however, never send a new packet before 15 seconds has passed
since the previous one.

* If you move the "minimum transmit interval" to a higher value than 15
seconds, it will not send a packet before that much time has elapsed since
the previous position, even though the previous rules would tell it to
transmit. This may increase privacy and reduce battery consumption
slightly.

(I rejected the other answer in moderation, since it wasn't answering this
aprs.fi iPhone app specific question)

- Hessu