Blank picture in "Track in Street View"

WA4SCA

Oct 23, 2013, 8:50:42 AM10/23/13
to apr...@googlegroups.com
Recently I have noticed occaisionally when tracking stations in street view that the picuture is black.  See attached file.  It can happen on a main highway, side road, etc.  Usually when the next position update comes in, the picture is normal.  If I go back to the previous point, it is still blank.  I have checked 3 computers using WIN7, WIN8, IE 10, IE11, and Firefox.  I first noticed this about 10 days ago while following a friend on a long trip.

73s,

Alan
WA4SCA

Black Street View.jpg

Heikki Hannikainen

Oct 23, 2013, 12:16:03 PM10/23/13
to apr...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 3:50 PM, WA4SCA <APBI...@mailaps.org> wrote:
> Recently I have noticed occaisionally when tracking stations in street view
> that the picuture is black. See attached file. It can happen on a main
> highway, side road, etc. Usually when the next position update comes in,
> the picture is normal.

Looks like a problem with Street View itself, not something related to
aprs.fi. The whole functionality comes from Google and the images do
not visit aprs.fi.

- Hessu