Drag map with mouse

mors...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2013, 9:34:06 PM10/22/13
to apr...@googlegroups.com
I haven't found any info on this issue and it may be mine.  Suddenly, I am unable to move the map around on the screen with the mouse (left click and hold + drag).  I can go directly to Google Maps and everything works fine.

Has anyone else experienced and solved this issue???

Tom Hayward

Oct 23, 2013, 12:15:31 AM10/23/13
to apr...@googlegroups.com

On Oct 22, 2013 8:51 PM, <mors...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't found any info on this issue and it may be mine.  Suddenly, I am unable to move the map around on the screen with the mouse (left click and hold + drag).  I can go directly to Google Maps and everything works fine.

What browser and operating system?

Tom KD7LXL

mors...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2013, 1:24:11 PM10/23/13
to apr...@googlegroups.com
Using Windows OS7 and Firefox 24.  Appears to be a Firefox issue.  Windows IE10 seems to work alright.

Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)

Oct 23, 2013, 2:02:02 PM10/23/13
to apr...@googlegroups.com
Windows 7 64 bit and Firefox 24.0 works fine for me.  Drags the map, zooms, and everything seems to be working as it always has.

Does the little fist pointer close it's fingers when you hold the left mouse button down?

becomes on mine (if the images come through).

Heikki Hannikainen

Oct 23, 2013, 2:23:33 PM10/23/13
to apr...@googlegroups.com
Firefox 24.0 works fine for me on Mac and Windows XP. Don't have Windows 7 to test with right now.

I'd guess it might be due to a misbehaving plugin (ad blocker, noscript?). You could try Help => "Restart with add-ons disabled", Firefox safe mode, to see if it works then.
jbdacddb.png
gefefcfb.png

mors...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2013, 3:53:25 PM10/23/13
to apr...@googlegroups.com
I tried another computer with Win XP also using Firefox 24.  Same problem.  Yes the hand closes.  I can get it to work if I select the space view and (this is required) I select weather radar overlay. Even then it's sluggish.

Windows IE 10 works fine. Just as it is supposed to.

Heikki Hannikainen

Oct 23, 2013, 4:15:52 PM10/23/13
to apr...@googlegroups.com
Did you try Firefox without plugins as I described in previous email?

mors...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2013, 6:08:43 PM10/23/13
to apr...@googlegroups.com
Yes Hekki,