Missing symbol on aprs.fi

Edouard Lafargue

Jan 19, 2016, 4:46:23 AM1/19/16
to aprs.fi
Hi!

I am running a radiation detector on APRS (symbol RH in the current APRS symbol set, defined since 2011), but it looks like it is incorrectly detected as "Haze" on aprs.fi ?

This is for station W6ELA, packets look like this, and are decoded properly by direwolf :

 W6ELA>APDW13:!3726.57NR12207.68WHPHG2120Test station, contact: w6...@arrl.net
 aprs direwolf: Position, Radiation detector (new mar 2, DireWolf, WB2OSZ, 4 W height=20 2dBi omni
 aprs direwolf: N 37 26.5700, W 122 07.6800
 aprs direwolf: Test station, contact: w6...@arrl.net

Any way you can implement support for this symbol?

73

Heikki Hannikainen

Jan 19, 2016, 6:01:47 AM1/19/16
to aprs.fi
On Mon, 18 Jan 2016, Edouard Lafargue wrote:

> I am running a radiation detector on APRS (symbol RH in the current APRS
> symbol set, defined since 2011), but it looks like it is incorrectly
> detected as "Haze" on aprs.fi ?

Yep, aprs.fi does not support the additional per-overlay symbols yet.
They'll need to be drawn and indexed in the source material first, and
then a bit of code added.

https://github.com/hessu/aprs-symbols
https://github.com/hessu/aprs-symbol-index
http://blog.aprs.fi/2015/11/new-symbol-graphics-and-better-support.html

> Any way you can implement support for this symbol?

Yep, a bit later. If someone wants to help and contribute vector graphics
(SVG or AI format), that'd help.

- Hessu