Possible bug in embedding APRS.fi in other web pages on iOS in Safari...

Ray Rischpater

Jul 11, 2017, 12:08:53 AM7/11/17
to apr...@googlegroups.com
So my Dad, WD6DVG noticed this.  I've embedded per your web site's instructions aprs.fi maps on my web sites for my father, my uncle, and me, and it works great on Chrome. Did not occur to me to try it anywhere else.  But it's not working on Safari.

You can see one of the pages at www.lothlorien.com/kf6gpe-aprs.fi.html (please forgive the cargo-cult CSS!); look for my call sign KF6GPE down towards the middle --- it's a copy-paste of your example, I think, with my call sign.

Attached are two images --- one from Safari, and one from Chrome. I don't have Safari web debugging set up, so I can't easily get a debut log, but I could probably track down how to do that this week.  The first is Chrome, the second Safari.

As always, thanks for the site. Doing this work reminds me it's been a while since I donated; I'll be sure to do that this week.

Cheers,
Ray

PS: No rush on this from me. I had to dig around to find an iPad. :)

73 de KF6GPE