Discrepancies between the API and website

Robert Smith

Jul 16, 2013, 10:29:17 AM7/16/13
to apr...@googlegroups.com
Have any other API users noticed discrepancies between ships that can be searched through the website and ships that can be found using the API (for example the ship "Neptune" cannot be found using the API)? Or perhaps I'm not correctly using the API calls.

http://api.aprs.fi/api/get?name=neptune&what=loc&apikey=TheAPIKey&format=xml

Ian Taylor

Dec 3, 2014, 5:39:07 AM12/3/14
to apr...@googlegroups.com
I am finding this also.  Did the original poster find a resolution, or can anyone offer me advice?  All the vessels I'm testing with are found on the website map, but none are found via the API - I get returns like:

{"command":"get","result":"ok","what":"loc","found":0,"entries":[]}

An example callsign I am testing is 9HTP9

Thanks,

Ian

Ian Taylor

Dec 4, 2014, 3:49:15 AM12/4/14
to apr...@googlegroups.com
A bit more searching, and I found that Heikki has answered this here:

Using the MMSI in the name field returns data nicely.