Clear call sign and history from APRS.fi

912 vues
Passer au premier message non lu

Sparky4460

non lue,
21 mai 2015, 05 h 06 min 58 s2015-05-21
à apr...@googlegroups.com
Is there any way to clear my call sign and history from the APRS.fi database?

Heikki Hannikainen

non lue,
21 mai 2015, 06 h 03 min 01 s2015-05-21
à apr...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 20 May 2015, Sparky4460 wrote:

> Is there any way to clear my call sign and history from the APRS.fi database?

No, unless you uploaded it directly to aprs.fi using the aprs.fi web site
itself (a "web station"). In which case you can delete the station in the
"My Stations" view.

If you just transmitted APRS packets over radio, the full answer is in the
FAQ, under "Could you please delete my data from the service?".

http://aprs.fi/page/faq

- Hessu

Jim Aspinwall

non lue,
21 mai 2015, 16 h 45 min 55 s2015-05-21
à apr...@googlegroups.com
Brilliant idea... the "right to be forgotten" has been a hot topic in various ways, and I would expect with EU privacy regulations and using Google products, this should be a significant consideration.

It's one thing to lookup a known callsign, but in the process others' callsigns appear, which leads to personally identifiable information and potentially crimes of opportunity.

For example, bad guy sees an APRS object near them, looks up the callsign, sees the ham's info on QRZ.COM or elsewhere, "hmmm, nice truck, lots of gear and tools, and it's just around the corner..."

Yes, we all understand if you don't want to be found, don't holler or light up.  This could be an interesting discussion, and desirable feature.

Heikki Hannikainen

non lue,
11 juin 2015, 14 h 32 min 55 s2015-06-11
à apr...@googlegroups.com

The problem is that it can not be done in a reliable and user-friendly
way. Without maybe employing some additional steps like obtaining an X.509
certificate from ARRL Logbook of the World.

How can aprs.fi be sure that you are in fact the legal owner of the
callsign AF5QT, or something like that, and you are allowed to delete that
data?
> --

- Hessu
Répondre à tous