Way to run Google Earth/SketchUp on Chromebooks

Nickie Sattler

Feb 23, 2015, 3:09:03 PM2/23/15
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
Today I've been previewing/testing Mainframe2 on my Chromebook from home (since it's a snow/cold day).  Once my education account was approved, I was able to login and install Sketch Up Pro and Google Earth without problems.  Sketch UP Pro runs really well using this website.  Google Earth is a little clunky, but it may be my resolution.  Go to www.mainframe2.com to sign up for the education account.  So far, so good!

Kaylene Corcoran

Jul 7, 2015, 11:35:08 AM7/7/15
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
Nikki,
Were you able to use Google Earth on the Chromebooks in the classroom after this test? It is very frustrating to not be able to use all the great educational resources of Google Earth on the Chromebooks.

Bjorn Behrendt

Jul 7, 2015, 11:43:10 AM7/7/15
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
fra.me just went into public bata last week, so it is easier to get an account and test it out.   Google Earth did run on the chromebook, but out of curiosity what features are you missing, that are in Earth but not the new maps?

Bjorn Behrendt M.Ed ~ Never Stop Learning

Kaylene Corcoran

Jul 7, 2015, 11:57:39 AM7/7/15
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
I would like to be able to see latitude and longitude lines. Our science teacher attended a workshop this summer and said she was excited to use some geography features of Google Earth, I'm not sure exactly what she want to do, but I'm afraid it will be more difficult to figure out in Maps.

Nickie Sattler

Jul 7, 2015, 12:26:56 PM7/7/15
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
I've not had much of a chance to play with it.  However, there is http://googleearthforchromebook.com/.  This works for them well.

Thanks!

Nickie Sattler
Director of Technology

Dayton Early College Academy
www.daytonearlycollege.org
(937) 414-0876

Need to submit a Help Desk ticket? - click here

"Technology can become the 'wings' that will allow the educational world to fly farther and faster than ever before - if we will allow it."    - Jenny Arledge

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, contains information intended only for the sole use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, any dissemination, publication, storing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail, destroy all copies, and delete the message.

PLEASE NOTE: This message and any response to it may constitute a public record, and therefore may be available upon request in accordance with Ohio public records law. (ORC 149.43)