Embedding OpenBadges in Google Mail

Silverio Carugo | DIDASCA

Sep 29, 2015, 10:16:41 AM9/29/15
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know how to embed OpenBadges in Google Mail ?

--
Silverio Carugo
Rettore

DIDASCA - The First Italian Cyber Schools for Lifelong Learning

Zach Vander Veen

Sep 29, 2015, 11:06:56 AM9/29/15
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
We do this a few different ways.

The simplest: Use Credly (https://credly.com/). You can upload a CSV file containing email addresses, Credly emails the badge to the user, and users click on the badge to accept the credit (they will need to register with Credly).

The more complicated way:
  1. Use WordPress for our PDs
  2. User the following plugins: LearnDash (LMS), BadgeOS (Badging), and Google Single Sign On (allows users to login to WordPress with Google Apps credentials).
  3. Award badges through this setup. Benefits are tracking badges in your own system (plus creating your own learning content).

Silverio Carugo

Sep 30, 2015, 11:01:25 AM9/30/15
to Apps User Group

Thank you, Zach.

Congratulations for your clear explanation and superb presentation !

--

In DIDASCA we do create and distribute OpenBadeges that learners can store in their own Mozilla Backpacks.

As far as I know, OpenBadges earners can display their Badges only on  Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn.

--

Here iare my 2 Questions:

  1. Can OpenBadges be displayed in Google mails, just at the bottom af the Signature ?
  2. What shall I do in order to display an OpenBadges  in a webpage ?

Thanks for yor kind co-operation.