Setting up GAFE GMAIL on Android

David Fawcett

Aug 24, 2016, 2:21:57 PM8/24/16
to appsus...@googlegroups.com, techc...@list.em.ohio.gov

Is there way to bypass the device policy app for Android when setting of staff GAFE Gmail settings on Android?  I wish to avoid users personal phones registering in Admin Console Device management.  Too me that would create whole new can of worms.  My $0.02

David Fawcett

Network Administrator

Elmwood Local Schools

7650 Jerry City Rd

Bloomdale, Ohio 44817

419-655-2583 ext 375

fa...@elmwoodschools.org

Zach Vander Veen

Aug 24, 2016, 2:35:50 PM8/24/16
to appsus...@googlegroups.com, techc...@list.em.ohio.gov
This is a setting in the control panel. Make sure the box is unchecked.

This is under Device Management - Setup

We had it turned on for 10 minutes when troubleshooting a particular issue (managing classroom android tablets). Can of worms is exactly right. Although it's interesting to see how trusting we teachers can be.

David Fawcett

Aug 24, 2016, 2:40:38 PM8/24/16
to appsus...@googlegroups.com

Just went in and already 14 andoid phones from students and couple staff populated in Mobile Devices.  I delete those first and uncheck the box.

David Fawcett

Aug 24, 2016, 2:48:06 PM8/24/16
to appsus...@googlegroups.com

Exactly how my settings looks.

But still would likeif set up gmail on Staff Droid phone when error for Device Policy app needs install and error that I do not have that Mobile Management Device Policy Enabled.  Admin council shows Setup Available for Company Owned Device but Device Policy Deployment is default mechanism.