Download student passwords?

Kaylene Corcoran

Aug 11, 2015, 2:06:10 PM8/11/15
to Apps User Group
Is there a way to download a report including user (student) passwords? Our middle school will be receiving randomly generated passwords, and I would like administrators to have this information without having to go through each user individually and recording the password.

John Hammon

Aug 12, 2015, 10:38:44 AM8/12/15
to Apps User Group
I would also be very interested in a procedure to do this!

JP Connolly

Aug 12, 2015, 11:00:04 AM8/12/15
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
Once they're in, there's no way to get them back out/reveal them. Also, students might have changed them. You could bulk-update via CSV with your randomly created passwords and keep a copy of the spreadsheet; we use a mail merge to make password cards from this CSV to distribute to students and give to Division offices to keep.

JP Connolly
Director of Technology
Saint Ann's School
129 Pierrepont St.