New Sheet Tab

Chris

Sep 10, 2015, 10:13:12 PM9/10/15
to Apps User Group
Hello all,
Trying to assist some progress monitoring with teachers and students at my school.  Is there a script or add-on that can be run so that if a teacher enters a student name in a cell within a sheet that it will automatically create a new sheet with that student's name?  Just trying to simplify the process for more than 400 student names being entered.  Thanks!

Pohlman, Tim

Sep 10, 2015, 10:51:22 PM9/10/15
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if this is what you're looking for or not.

I may try this tomorrow myself.

Best of luck.

Tim Pohlman
Science Educator, Track & Field Coach, District Web Coordinator
Upper Sandusky High School
p: 419-294-2308 a: 800 North Sandusky Avenue

This e-mail message, from Upper Sandusky E.V. Schools  (USEVS), including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.

If you are not the intended recipient or authorized to receive information for the recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use, disclosure, distribution, copying, printing, or action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety.

This email and any response to it is being archived for later retrieval and may constitute a public record and therefore may be available upon request in accordance with Ohio Public Records law (ORC 149.43).

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 10:13 PM, Chris <chris....@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Christopher Conant

Sep 12, 2015, 6:05:01 PM9/12/15
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, good find, I think it may work!  Now I just have to figure out how to do the scripting within Sheets :)

Chris

Charlie Gerancher I Steckel Elementary School

Sep 13, 2015, 8:59:34 AM9/13/15
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
Hey Chris, he's going to kick me off his "friend list" soon for recommending him so often. However, THE go to guy for this kind of stuff is here: @BjornBehrendt. He probably already has a script that will do exactly what you need.

Charlie

Charlie Gerancher | Technology Instructor | Technology Integration Coach | Steckel Elementary School

 610.435.1521 X3124 | * geran...@whitehallcoplay.org

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 10:13 PM, Chris <chris....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello all,
Trying to assist some progress monitoring with teachers and students at my school.  Is there a script or add-on that can be run so that if a teacher enters a student name in a cell within a sheet that it will automatically create a new sheet with that student's name?  Just trying to simplify the process for more than 400 student names being entered.  Thanks!

Christopher Conant

Sep 13, 2015, 9:29:36 AM9/13/15
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
LOL.

I think I've given up on the concept.  I'm not sure there's any way to do all of what I'm wanting to do.  The new sheet that's created with the student's name would have to have content from a template as it would display a chart based on data from a row of cells that contains a column of the students' names.  Since each created sheet would have to refer back to a different set of data points, I'm not sure if it can be done.  Thanks for the suggestion of harassing Bjorn though :)

Bjorn Behrendt

Sep 13, 2015, 12:05:03 PM9/13/15
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
Actually it can be done, but probably would have to be custom script.   I am currently working on a very similar concept for distributing out Budget sheets to teachers.

the script distributes out a copy of a template to each teacher, then populates specific fields in that sheet with information from the master sheet.   I even have it locking specific (formula) cells so that the teacher cannot make accidental changes.

I am already backed up for projects, but if you have someone willing do do a coding project, I am willing to help.

Bjorn Behrendt M.Ed ~ Never Stop Learning

Christopher Conant

Sep 13, 2015, 12:21:29 PM9/13/15
to appsus...@googlegroups.com

Seemed like it would be something that could be done, but wasn't sure. Is there any way I can see a copy of your budget sheets? Maybe I can dissect until I find someone to help iron out some of the coding. Thanks Bjorn!