Introducing "Web App Reviews"

Eric Curts

Mar 20, 2013, 8:01:54 AM3/20/13
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
FYI...

We have just launched a new site called "Web App Reviews" at www.WebAppReviews.org where we highlight the best Chrome Web Apps and Extensions for education. See below for more details, or just head over to the site to check it out. Thanks!

-----

Today’s schools are moving more and more towards cloud-based services. Instead of installing software on specific computers, schools are increasingly using web-based programs that run entirely in the browser, often called "Web Apps".

These allow access from any computer whether its in or out of school, school-owned or personal, Windows,  Mac, or Chrome OS. Web apps open the door for collaboration between users, automatic updates, BYOD, online learning, improved engagement, and extend learning well beyond the four walls of the classroom. Best of all for schools, web apps are often no cost or low cost.

In this brave new world of web based applications, how does a school find high quality, teacher-tested, educationally sound resources for the classroom?

Enter Web App Reviews: www.WebAppReviews.org

Web App Reviews is a site dedicated to reviewing the best Chrome Web Apps and Extensions for education.  Each review includes a written blog post and a short video covering what the web app or extension does, as well as practical integration ideas.

Please visit the site at www.WebAppReviews.org, and share this information with fellow educators students, and administrators. Feel free to submit your own suggestions for web apps and extensions you would like to see covered. If you are new to the idea of web apps, be sure to visit our "Getting Started" guide with helpful videos about finding, installing, using, and managing web apps and extensions: www.webappreviews.org/p/getting-started.html

Web App Reviews is run by educators Eric Curts and Sean Beavers.  Both are Google Apps Certified Trainers and Google Certified Teachers who are passionate about transforming teaching and learning through technology. We welcome your feedback, comments, and suggestions.

See you in the cloud!

Eric Curts and Sean Beavers