How to unsync Google Drive from previous owner of laptop

Christy N.

Aug 12, 2015, 8:45:31 PM8/12/15
to Apps User Group
I have taken over someone's work computer. They did not wipe or do anything to it, as there were many files on it that could be useful for me. I am trying to establish the Google Drive on the computer to my new Google work account in order to have access and connect to the laptops files to my online Drive. However, it is still connected to the other user's account. I tried establishing a second Drive, but that did not work. Can anyone direct me to information how to do this? Thanks!

smoskwa Info Solutions

Aug 13, 2015, 2:53:59 PM8/13/15
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
Go to the Google Drive app on your computer.  Click on it.  You will see some dots in the upper right—click on those dots….then choose the Accounts tab.

You will disconnect your Google Drive app from the other person’s account.

Then you next need to find the Google Drive folder on your computer.  If it’s windows, you should find it under your C drive/Users/yourname/Google Drive

Delete all the files in that folder, but I usually do not delete the folder itself.

Next go back to your Google Drive app, to the dots, choose Accounts and connect your Google Drive app to your Google account.  The files should start syncing pretty much immediately.

There may be other ways, but this is what worked for me when we switched to a new domain at the school I am helping out at.

Suzette Moskwa