Random Writing Prompt Generator using Google Sheets

Eric Curts

Apr 22, 2016, 8:17:27 AM4/22/16
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
April is National Poetry Month. For students this is a great time to learn about poetry, discover new writers, and also to write a poem of their own. However, getting started writing a poem can be quite a challenge.

To help with this, I used Google Sheets to create a "Random Writing Prompt Generator" that randomly pulls from a list of about 2,000 adjectives and 1,000 nouns to create over 2 million unique prompts. See my latest post linked below to get your own copy of the Sheet, learn how it works, and get more ideas on how to help your students write and share poems, stories, or other creations.

Feel free to share with others. Take care!

Eric

Get a signature like this: Click here!