Can't add member to group - user already exist?

Matthew Hardy

Oct 9, 2014, 8:06:39 AM10/9/14
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
Hello!  I'm having an issue adding a new member to a group we use for our HS band.  Most of the members are external and so far we've had no issues.  The other day a parent emailed me and asked that she be added to the group but when I went in to add her it said she already exist.  I double checked the members (banned and active) and do not see her listed.  Anyone ever run across this issue?

Thanks,
Matt

Sue Root

Oct 9, 2014, 8:57:15 AM10/9/14
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
Yes!  I just deleted the person and added them back in and it worked.  I have had this happen more than once and that solution works every time.

Sue

Sue Root
Plainwell Community Schools
Technology Department
600 School Drive
Plainwell, MI  49080

Matthew Hardy

Oct 9, 2014, 9:00:56 AM10/9/14
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
That's the problem though, the person isn't there to delete.  They are not listed as a member of the group, but when I try to add them it tells me they are.

Matt

Tom Donovan

Oct 9, 2014, 9:38:03 AM10/9/14
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
I saw something similar recently, though we use Google Apps Directory Sync.  I had a few teachers who GADS kept trying (unsuccessfully) to add to a couple of groups. The error message said that they were already members, but they did not show up in the list.  When I used GAM to query the group, those addresses were included in the list, so I used GAM to remove them.  Once I did that, I ran a sync and those folks were added back, after which the problem was resolved.

-Tom

--
Tom Donovan
Chief Technology Officer

Matthew Hardy

Oct 14, 2014, 12:19:00 PM10/14/14
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately we don't use Directory Sync.  I am going to try one more time to remove all users and re-add them.  If that doesn't work I'll delete the group and create a new one.

Matt

Samahita Thera

Feb 26, 2018, 5:52:52 PM2/26/18
to Apps User Group
Now one can add only 10 members at a time.
Attempting to add a second 10 members will make chrome freeze without updating the page.
Sad that google groups is deteriorating due to lousy coding...