Chrome

Rhonda Jenkins

Mar 6, 2015, 12:21:40 AM3/6/15
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
Looking for help with this problem:
In my computer lab, my students use laptops. Multiple students have profiles set up in Google Chrome. (They use the same laptop when they enter the lab.) When a student selects their profile, they can see their name on the new tab, however, when they attempt to log in to Google, it will jump to a different student's email address. When they select "log in as a different user" they can see their name in the list, but when they select it, it jumps right back to another student. In order to stop this, I have to go into advanced settings and clear the browsing history and then the student is able to log in. For the next class, the issue repeats. Don't really want to go incognito every time they come to the lab.

Also, is there another way to view the established profiles in Chrome. Students are only able to see 8 at the most, however, I can see their profile in the People section in Settings.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Alice Barr

Mar 6, 2015, 7:07:06 AM3/6/15
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rhonda:

If you go in to the settings in Chrome and scroll down to People you can enter each profile as a user. Each user then becomes available in the menu bar under people. It works really well to keep accounts separate.

Alice

Will Welch

Mar 6, 2015, 7:38:30 AM3/6/15
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
Rhonda

I believe your issue has to do with the "multiple sign-in" feature that Google allows for all of their websites.  The quickest (and easiest) fix for it is to go into each profile and "Clear Browsing Data" (on a Macs, located in the "Chrome" menu, not sure where it is on Windows) from the "beginning of time".  I would suggest clearing all data, but at the minimum, make sure that you clear all cookies and saved passwords.

Amy Bogard

Mar 6, 2015, 8:48:11 AM3/6/15
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
I had the same problem in my computer lab this year.

We avoided this issue by having the kids link their Google account TO the Chrome browser, then disconnect it when they are done using it (instead of just logging into their Google account while using the Chrome browser.....Oh, gosh! Hope that makes sense Lol)

When the kids come in, have them open the Chrome browser, click the "hamburger" (the three lines in the right hand corner), click settings, and click Sign into Chrome and Link Data. Once they are done for the day, have them click the "hamburger" again, click Disconnect from Chrome, click Disconnect again. We follow this process with out 1st-5th graders every time they use their Google accounts. It works like a charm!

Let me know how it works for you :)
~Amy

Charlie Gerancher I Steckel Elementary School

Mar 6, 2015, 9:08:43 AM3/6/15
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
I don't have admin dashboard experience, so I'm wondering...Is it possible to push Chrome settings to an entire domain? So, if I wanted specific extensions available to all students could they be pushed across the domain so regardless of who is logged in they will be available?

charlie

Charlie Gerancher | Technology Instructor | Technology Integration Coach | Steckel Elementary School

 610.435.1521 X3124 | * geran...@whitehallcoplay.org

Kevin Graham

Mar 6, 2015, 9:37:26 AM3/6/15
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
    That is correct.  The Admin Console provides a myriad of control over the organization.

Kevin

Inline image 1
--
Thanks,

Kevin

Charlie Gerancher I Steckel Elementary School

Mar 6, 2015, 9:44:51 AM3/6/15
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Kevin,
That was my understanding. However, I am not given access to the admin dashboard except for the ability to add new students. So, I wanted to make sure that was the case.

Charlie

Charlie Gerancher | Technology Instructor | Technology Integration Coach | Steckel Elementary School

 610.435.1521 X3124 | * geran...@whitehallcoplay.org

Kevin Graham

Mar 6, 2015, 9:50:46 AM3/6/15
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
     Something is wrong then.  If you go to https://admin.google.com/yourRegisteredDomainName, you should see a whole bunch of different controls.  My CPanel is shown below.  Drilling down through these icons takes you to further controls.  Lot's and lot's of control.

Kevin

Inline image 1