App for video time capsule

SK

Apr 11, 2015, 10:47:32 PM4/11/15
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
I apologize in advance if this is not the correct place to post this question.  A teacher wants to do a video time capsule with his class.  He has class Chromebooks that he wants to use for this and I have headsets with microphones.

Can someone recommend an app that 5th graders would find easy to use on their own? He wants each student to do a video (thinking 3 minutes max but I don't know if 5 minutes is still a reasonable sized file) and in the end have all of them pieced together into one video that would be burned to a dvd for them and their children to laugh over years from now.  I would be in charge of piecing together and burning the videos. I don't know what to use to make the video clips and what to use to piece them together into one when they are done.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. We have no funds in our budget but the teacher MIGHT have $100 from fundraising that he could use toward purchase of something if there are no free options.

Thanks

Mrs. Becky Foellmer

Apr 12, 2015, 10:56:37 AM4/12/15
to appsus...@googlegroups.com
It should be possible to use the free version of WeVideo for something like this.   If you are a GAFE district, the students could download to Drive.  If you're using Classroom, they can "Add" the file to a posted assignment.  You'd then have all of the videos in the teacher folder and could download them for burning to DVD.