Interest in an annual Google Licensing

Bjorn Behrendt

Jun 8, 2016, 9:53:39 AM6/8/16
Currently Chromebook management licenses are for the life of the device, however in a 1:1 situation that life is very much shortened.   I raised the concern that this is costing our school quite a bit of money since we have a 2 year replacement cycle, and they listened.

This is a survey of interest from Google in having an annual license option vs a life-of-the-device option.  I don't foresee them doing away with the lifetime option, but this would at least give 1:1 schools an option to save some money in the long run.

Bjorn,

Just wanted to send along a quick note that we are now officially tracking the level of interest in an annual management console license based on our conversation, and if there is enough interest, it is something they will strongly consider adding.

With that said, districts can use this form to submit their interest, and you're welcome to post it in your list-serv or elsewhere.  Our sales team will also be asking about the topic when engaging with districts nationally.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention!

Bjorn Behrendt M.Ed