API rest, authentication system, appscale service

Marticus

May 11, 2015, 10:10:31 AM5/11/15
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I have some question for you
1 Appscale support API Rest
2 I can run Appscale on cloudstak
3 How to autoscale (in particular on cloudstak)
4 Which authentication service have Appscale (ex Appscale support OAut2?)
5 What service have Appscale

Navraj Chohan

May 11, 2015, 10:17:48 AM5/11/15
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marticus,
Answers inline

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 7:10 AM, Marticus <dinicola...@studenti.uniroma1.it> wrote:
Hello,
I have some question for you
1 Appscale support API Rest
You'll have to clarify what you mean by this.
2 I can run Appscale on cloudstak
Yes, but you'll have to create the image yourself.
3 How to autoscale (in particular on cloudstak)
Current autoscaling support is for EC2, GCE, Eucalyptus, and OpenStack. A contribution for CloudStack is welcome.
4 Which authentication service have Appscale (ex Appscale support OAut2?)
You can use any library within your application to get this support. Current auth is a local implementation that stores users on the datastore.
5 What service have Appscale
Please refer to the FAQ:

Navraj Chohan (Raj)
Co-Founder of AppScale Systems
A Google Cloud Partner,
Gartner 2014 Cool Vendor,
and a GigaOm Structure/LaunchPad "Best of the Best" Startups

615 State Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
r...@appscale.com
http://navrajchohan.com

Marticus

Marticus

May 11, 2015, 10:43:47 AM5/11/15
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
appscale supports multiuser right? how does this? applications of different users are isolated? Or the applications of different users running together as in apache?

Meni Vaitsi

May 11, 2015, 10:44:30 AM5/11/15
to appscale_community
Hi Marticus,

It depends on what load you want your deployment to withstand. Yes, 1 is the minimum number of servers.
For productions environments we strongly recommend that the database role lives on separate node(s).
If this is a testing deployment, you should be good with 1.

-Meni

--
Meni Vaitsi
Software Engineer

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 7:32 AM, Marticus <dinicola...@studenti.uniroma1.it> wrote:
[...]

Meni Vaitsi

May 11, 2015, 10:46:29 AM5/11/15
to appscale_community
Yes, the applications are isolated, and each app belongs to the same or potentially different users.
Initially the app owner is the one that deploys the app. That can change via user management scripts.

-Meni

--
Meni Vaitsi
Software Engineer

Marticus

Navraj Chohan

May 12, 2015, 10:28:18 AM5/12/15
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Hey Marticus!
See these pull request on how it was implemented for OpenStack:

You should be able to do the same for CloudStack.
-Raj

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 6:33 AM, Marticus <dinicola...@studenti.uniroma1.it> wrote:
[...]

Marticus

May 12, 2015, 12:54:48 PM5/12/15
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
I want try use jcould api https://jclouds.apache.org/

Navraj Chohan

May 12, 2015, 12:56:29 PM5/12/15
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com

That might be difficult given our tools are written in python.
-Raj

On May 12, 2015 9:54 AM, "Marticus" <dinicola...@studenti.uniroma1.it> wrote:
I want try use jcould api https://jclouds.apache.org/

Marticus

May 13, 2015, 4:00:27 AM5/13/15
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
I thank you for the support. which are files that determine when AppScale scale?

Marticus

May 13, 2015, 4:30:47 AM5/13/15
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
For the jcloud I can try call java from python (like jython or another). Jcloud would be an excellent solution. AppScale to succeed scale of many IaaS. But I understand how AppScale understand when do it (scale) and what files they handle this.

Navraj Chohan

May 13, 2015, 7:19:50 AM5/13/15
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marticus,
I recommend reading these articles:

I will work on another article on there for developers such as yourself. I'll update you when it is up.

Thanks,
Raj

Marticus

Navraj Chohan

May 14, 2015, 11:46:00 AM5/14/15
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com

Only way to know is to try it out :)
-Raj

On May 14, 2015 8:41 AM, "Marticus" <dinicola...@studenti.uniroma1.it> wrote:
If i enable EC2 api on cloudstack you think AppScale Autoscaling work?
[...]

Marticus

Marticus

May 27, 2015, 4:50:48 AM5/27/15
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
i'm try a make autoscale on cloudstack with libcloud. why you did not implement the autoscale on CloudStack? there is a specific reason or do not care CloudStack solution?

graziano obertelli

May 27, 2015, 11:32:17 AM5/27/15
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marcus,

mainly it's a customers/community requests issue. So far we didn't have
any request for it: this is not to say we don't care, just it didn't get
prioritized yet. It's great that you are taking this on! Keep us posted
on the progress, and let us know how we could integrate tests for your
branch with our OCD (it's our continuous integration).

cheers,
graziano
Graziano Obertelli
AppScale Systems, Inc.