ID not returning during query for new entity

Prashant Hegde

Feb 13, 2018, 8:30:15 PM2/13/18
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris and team,

We have a simple single node appscale test deployment. We use JDO to access datastore.

We have a workflow where we create an entity, and immediately query for those entities. We are observing that the newly created entity is returning but ID is coming as NULL. It takes almost an hour for that ID to show up. But it does show up if we redeploy. We use JDO to access the appengine datastore. We suspect that there is consistency issues when we try to do non ancestral queries. But, this is a single non distributed node, shouldnt this be always consistent? Or is there some other issue involved like caching involved here?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Prashant

Chris Donati

Feb 15, 2018, 12:44:33 AM2/15/18
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
I suspect that it's a client issue (possibly caching, as you mentioned) rather than an issue with the datastore service. It could be a bug in our Java runtime environment.

Do you have a small sample app or code snippet that reproduces the issue?

Prashant Hegde

Feb 15, 2018, 9:21:07 AM2/15/18
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
After some investigation we feel that this could be related to the difference between JDO3 / JDO2 (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15065552/unable-to-get-id-of-newly-created-jdo-persistent-entity-using-gae-j-datanucleus).

Our appengine code uses JDO2, and appscale uses JDO3.

So, please ignore the issue as of now, as it is not appscale related.

Thanks