Adding to Google App Engine Java SDK

Seyed Hossein Mortazavi

May 19, 2016, 10:04:18 AM5/19/16
to AppScale Community
I need to add a my own library for application to use to Google App Engine. For test purposes, suppose that the library would write something to file. My question is, where should I put my own jar files so that deployed user applications would be able to use them?

Will putting my jar files inside https://github.com/AppScale/appscale/tree/master/AppServer_Java be enough? do I need to edit the blacklist and white lists of allowed libraries?

Where should I start?

Thank you very much

Meni Vaitsi

May 19, 2016, 2:46:13 PM5/19/16
to appscale_community
Hi there,

You can start by placing your JAR in appscale/AppServer_Java/lib/. After you do this you need to compile the AppServer_Java by running: ant before you deploy any apps.
The apps must also explicitly include you custom library.

Let us know how that goes.

Thanks
-Meni

--