Having problems with Appscale Web console on uploading on deleting application.

eaby...@optimal-dynamics.com

May 5, 2016, 3:40:16 AM5/5/16
to AppScale Community
Hi All,

Trying install Appscale on my infrustructure step by step, thanks guys, with your help I passed several problems before. Now having problem on Appscale web console.

1) when trying to upload app, it is finishing successfully. But this application not appearing on cloud status UI immediately, only after ~1 min.

2) when trying to delete app, it is finishing successfully. But after ~1 min this app which I deleted appear on  cloud status UI. in fact it is not deleting.

By the way deploying and deleting app works on terminal with appscale cli. (appscale deploy, appscale remove). The main problem with UI side manipulation.

Regards Ermek.

aasan...@optimal-dynamics.com

May 5, 2016, 6:42:10 AM5/5/16
to AppScale Community
Attached files (files.tar.gz) that may help to review the details:
- /root/AppScalefile
- /etc/hosts
- /var/log/*

We are testing on lxc based container.

Seems there is some sync issue on the web console side.

Deleted an app (guestbook) from the web console but can see it from CLI (appscale status):

Status of node at 172.19.48.2:
    Currently using 4.80 Percent CPU and 30.00 Percent Memory
    Hard disk is 6 Percent full
    Is currently: load_balancer, taskqueue_master, zookeeper, db_master, taskqueue, memcache, shadow, login, appengine
    Database is at 172.19.48.2
    Is in cloud: cloud1
    Current State: Preparing to run AppEngine apps if needed
    Hosting the following apps: guestbook
    Information for application: guestbook
        Language            : python27
        Number of AppServers: 1
        HTTP port           : 8081
        HTTPS port          : 4381

In ~1 min, a deleted app appears again on the web console.

After deleting the app from CLI:

Status of node at 172.19.48.2:
    Currently using 1.60 Percent CPU and 27.00 Percent Memory
    Hard disk is 6 Percent full
    Is currently: load_balancer, taskqueue_master, zookeeper, db_master, taskqueue, memcache, shadow, login, appengine
    Database is at 172.19.48.2
    Is in cloud: cloud1
    Current State: Preparing to run AppEngine apps if needed
    Hosting the following apps: none

But the app is still visible on the web console, until we delete it from there.

Also there is an issue with downloading logs from the web console: View Logs => Log Downloader. After clicking "download logs", the page stays without any update, with the following text:

AppScale is in the process of gathering your deployment logs. Depending on the number of nodes you are deployed upon this operation may take up to one minute.
A button will appear once the logs have been gathered.
files.tar.gz

aasan...@optimal-dynamics.com

May 5, 2016, 8:53:59 AM5/5/16
to AppScale Community
But the app is still visible on the web console, until we delete it from there.

We have to give some details to clarify. If we delete an app from CLI:
(a) app becomes unavailable immediately: can't open with http://<ip address>:8080.
(b) app removed from the web console too, but not immediately (in 30 sec or about).

chris....@appscale.com

May 6, 2016, 8:13:33 PM5/6/16
to AppScale Community
Thanks for the detailed report. The dashboard's failure to delete the app is definitely a bug. I opened a pull request for the issue here: https://github.com/AppScale/appscale/pull/2034

The delays that you are seeing are due to the way that the dashboard caches state. There's a cron job that runs every minute that instructs the dashboard to update its cache. We've talked about changing this, but it hasn't been high enough in our priority list to fix yet.

eaby...@optimal-dynamics.com

May 7, 2016, 11:11:43 AM5/7/16
to AppScale Community
Hi Chris,

Thanks for response, now deleting app works properly.

Regards Ermek.