AppScale 2.3.0 Release

chris....@appscale.com

Apr 14, 2015, 7:36:37 PM4/14/15
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
We are pleased to announce the release of AppScale 2.3.0! This is a maintenance release that emphasizes a clean integration with existing systems. This version comes with a variety of bug fixes and security enhancements, including
  • AppController is now a system service
  • User management scripts
  • Whitelisted Crypto libraries in python
  • ZooKeeper autopurge
  • A separate data grooming service
  • Improved compatibility with the Cron API
  • Fixed functional tests for soap server
  • Fixed ZK blacklist check
  • Fixed handling application specified environment variables
  • Removed secret from command line arguments for application servers
  • Hashes the RabbitMQ secret
  • Improve error messages in EC2
  • Removed duplicate entities when doing queries o
  • Removed unused scripts

As usual, you can view the full release notes on GitHub and documentation can be found on the GitHub Wiki.

Please let us know about any issues you run into. You can use the GitHub Issue Tracker, this community mailing list, or our IRC channel, #appscale on freenode.

Thanks,

Chris