Accessing AppScale on virtualbox using external IP Address.

apoorva da

Mar 30, 2015, 12:23:33 AM3/30/15
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We have deployed AppScale on Oracle VirtualBox. The AppScale VM has two ethernet adapters one of which is host-only and the other is NAT.
AppScale dashboard is accessible though the host-only IP address which we specified in the AppScaleFile. The NAT ip address allows access to the internet but not to the machines on the lab network. Is there a way in which we can make other machines on the lab network access the applications we have deployed on AppScale.

Thanks and Regards,
Apoorva.D.A

apoorva da

Mar 30, 2015, 6:28:57 PM3/30/15
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
We got it working. We added a bridge-adapter and then changed the IP address in Vagrantfile to public IP.
The changes were made in the AppScaleFile as well. Upon restarting the appscale vm and appscale, we could get it accessible from external IP.

Regards,
Apoorva.D.A