Restarting AppServers on deploy

inov...@madfingergames.com

May 25, 2015, 10:43:48 AM5/25/15
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Can someone please help me with the following question? Assume we have a GAE application running on AppScale. This application is served by a few AppServers. Now I deploy a new version of the application. Will it force all the AppServers to be restarted? If not, how can I get them restarted?

Thanks,
Iliya.

Meni Vaitsi

May 25, 2015, 10:46:49 AM5/25/15
to appscale_community
Hi Iliya,

Yes, AppScale's AppManager will restart the AppServers that serve your app to pick up the changes.
Let us know if you run into any issues.

-Meni

--
Meni Vaitsi
Software Engineer

inov...@madfingergames.com

May 25, 2015, 11:04:36 AM5/25/15
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Hello Meni,

Great. And what if I needed to manually restart all AppServers? You know, in Google Developers Console you can manually kill all instances which will make them to be restarted. Is there some way to do the same with AppScale AppServers?

Thanks,
Iliya.

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 7:43 AM, <inov...@madfingergames.com> wrote:
Hello,

Can someone please help me with the following question? Assume we have a GAE application running on AppScale. This application is served by a few AppServers. Now I deploy a new version of the application. Will it force all the AppServers to be restarted? If not, how can I get them restarted?

Thanks,
Iliya.

Meni Vaitsi

May 25, 2015, 11:17:15 AM5/25/15
to appscale_community
Hi Iliya,

Currently there's no one-click way of restarting those AppServers but you can go in the AppScale VM where those processes are running and kill them with something like:

$ ps aux | grep appserver | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}' | xargs kill -9

If you want to be more precise you can also grep for you app ID before the awk part of the command, like so:

$ ps aux | grep appserver | grep <your-app-ID-here> | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}' | xargs kill -9

-Meni

--
Meni Vaitsi
Software Engineer

[...]