Google app engine application with gmap and google translator

Krishan Gandhi

Sep 7, 2016, 6:42:05 AM9/7/16
to AppScale Community
Hi Team,

We have one application which is hosted on gae, in application we are using other google features as well like google map and translator as well. But as you know for China we can not go with google.
For hosting I found AppScale system as an alternative for gae applications. So please can anyone tell me, if we host our application on AppScale system, then can we use google map and translator in application or we have to go for other alternatives as well like bing map and translator.

Thanks,
Krishan

chris....@appscale.com

Sep 13, 2016, 12:24:49 PM9/13/16
to AppScale Community
Hi Krishan,

AppScale does not implement the Google Maps API or the Google Translate API. You might get acceptable results by pointing Google's client libraries at a proxy that has access to those services.